Help on data entry
There are three submission formats:
In addition, when data has already been entered in the current panel, an option
Keep the data already entered leaves the data untouched.
- Microsoft Excel (97â2010, xls and xlsx)
- Tab-separated values (tsv)
- Comma-separated values (csv)
- Attribute-Relation File Format (arff) from Weka
- dBase file (dbf)
- Stata Binary File (dta)
- Epi Info Data File (rec)
- Minitab Portable Worksheet (mtp)
- Octave Text Data File (dat)
- SPSS Data File (sav)
- SAS Permanent Dataset (ssd)
- Systat File (syd)
- XPORT Format Library (xpt)
See Data import section of Technical details topic for advanded details about the import.
Data formatting in Microsoft Excel, TSV and CSV
Data formatting is essential if you want your file to be correctly recognized and interpreted by PanelomiX. Formats imported with the
foreign package (as indicated in the list above) should already be properly formatted.
The following rules apply:
- In the first row, enter the title of the column. Do not use more than one row for titles and set a title on each column. Do not merge cells.
- The following rows contain the patient data, one patient per line and one line per patient (wide format).
- Missing values must be encoded with
NAor a blank (empty) cell. No other text (even a dot) are permitted.
- Cell formatting are allowed as long as it doesn't change the table structure. For example bold, colors (text and background), fonts or alignment are OK, but merging cells or leaving blank cells is NOT.
- Only the first sheet is considered in multi-sheets documents. The selection (active sheet) status is not taken into account.
For TSV and CSV, make sure your file is encoded in unicode (UTF-8) or contains only ASCII characters.
The following image shows a correctly formatted data:
Next examples show incorrect formats:
From another panel
A list of all your panels is shown. Simply select the panel from which you want to import the data and submit.
Copy from spreadsheet
Format the data as for file upload (see above). Select the data you want to import
(avoid selecting the whole sheet as it could paste a huge amount of blank cells and freeze your computer),
click on the
Copy from spreadsheet and paste your data in the field that appears.
Data size limit
Files up to approximately 10MB are accepted by the server. (This limit can appear to be slightly lower to the server during the transfer). If your data is bigger than that and you get a "Request Entity Too Large" error, please contact the administrator.